This guide shows you how to manage your products via your Seller admin.
Log in to your seller account
Go to https://shuppy.ie/vendor.php and go to Products > Products
Click on the Plus icon to open a new product page
This will then load the General product data entry page
Name: Product name as presented to the customer
Vendor: This is set to your account
Categories: Select the categories that best fits your product
Price (€): Set product price in Euro
Full description: Add a product description. Please refer to this quick guide to ensure your description is at its best.
Status: Active means product(s) are live. Disabled means unavailable for purchase. Hidden products are still live, but not displayed on any category pages.
Images: Add your product Images in PNG or JPG format, images should be square and 900 x 900 Pixels, and no more than 2MB each. If you need to reformat your images, click here for a handy guide.
You can view this guide if you wish to explore this section in more detail.
Options type—select how the options and variants of this product appear and work on the store front (we recommend leaving options setting as they are by default):
Simultaneous or Sequential
- For products with various options to choose, i.e. can the customer choose different combinations of the options or in a set sequence?
Options are specific properties of the product that a customer can choose when making a purchase. For example, options for clothes may include colour and size. The variants of those options would be red/green/blue and S/M/L/XL/XXL respectively.
Exceptions type—select a type of the product option exceptions:
Forbidden—you’ll be able to specify Forbidden combinations on the Options tab. Customers won’t be able to purchase a product when they choose a forbidden combination of option variants.
Allowed—you’ll be able to specify Allowed combinations on the Options tab. Customers will only be able to select these combinations of option variants.
Gift Certificate Product - If the product is a gift certificate for your services, selecting Yes will allow customers to digitally send this as a gift. For more details on this follow This Guide.
Pricing / Inventory
CODE—the identifier of the product that you use in your store (a stock keeping unit or SKU); it is used to distinguish products from each other during import, so that the data would be saved to the right product.
List price—if this price is higher than product’s Price, then a discount label will be displayed for the product.
In stock—the number of products in the stock. Products that are out of stock can’t be bought, unless you enable the Allow negative amount in inventory setting under Settings → General → Catalog.
Zero price action—Be sure not to create your product without a purchase price.
Inventory—the way of tracking the inventory of the current product:
- Track with options
- Track without options
- Do not track
If a product is tracked with options, you’ll need to specify the number of in-stock items individually for each combination of option variants.
- Minimum order quantity—the minimum number of items that a customer can buy at a time. This number will appear on the product page on the storefront, right after the product price.
- Maximum order quantity—the maximum number of items that a customer can buy at a time. 0 means no limit.
- Quantity step—determines the step by which a customer can increase or decrease the number of products in cart.
If the minimum order quantity is 3, the maximum order quantity is 9, and the quantity step is 3, then a customer will be able to purchase 3, 6, or 9 items in one order.
- List quantity count—the maximum number of choices in the Quantity drop-down list. It comes useful when you set a quantity step and when there are a lot of items in stock.
- Taxes—select the Tax that will be applied to the product, taxes will be applied based on the delivery destination of the product.
Availability—This feature is currently unavailable.
- Product details view—Leave as Default view to ensure maximum product coverage.
- Short description—a short product description; it appears on the product list on the storefront. If you leave this field blank, the short description will be automatically taken from the full product description (first 300 characters).
- Search words—Add some relevant keywords to help customers find your product.
- Promo text—an additional block with information that appears on the top right side of the product page.
You can make changes on how your product page is displayed on Google and other search engines.
SEO name—You can change the name of your product page as displayed in the customer browser, this will default to your product name if not entered.
Page title—the content of the <title></title> container: the title of the product page on the storefront, which is displayed in the web browser when somebody is viewing the page. If you don’t specify a value manually, it will be generated automatically using the Product Name you entered.
META description—the content of the description meta-tag: a brief description of the product.
META keywords—the content of the keywords meta-tag: a list of search keywords that appear on the product page.